Advocacy Communications Specialist
2451 Crystal Drive Suite 900 Arlington, Virginia 22202 | Permanent
TorchLight seeks an Advocacy Communications Specialist to amplify the messaging and mission work for a non-profit in Arlington, VA. While being located within walking distance to a metro and a variety of restaurants, candidates will also work with media relations and public affairs to raise awareness and increase engagement.
- Handle marketing and communications requests from the Government Affairs and Advocacy Division
- Hold regular meetings with internal clients to identify key campaign opportunities
- Create and manage campaign calendars
- Write strategic communications, media, and public relations plans
- Produce wide range of communications materials including presentations, press releases, op-eds, talking points, scripts, media pitches, web copy, and other materials
- Support media relations efforts by fielding inquiries, pitching, developing relationships with members of the media, managing satellite radio tours, and other duties
- Establish key metrics for public relations campaigns, gathering data and reports on campaign performance
- Bachelor’ s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or related field and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in communications, public affairs, or media relations; agency and/or Capitol Hill experience a plus
- Experience working with nonprofit and health communications preferred
- Strong writing skills and ability to make complex information relatable to audiences
- Experience creating strategic communications plans and designing specific content strategies to meet objectives
- High level of organization and project management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
TorchLight is the only search and staffing firm dedicated solely to placements in the DC metro area in marketing, digital and creative for contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and creative, because all of our account managers and recruiters have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’ s Inc 5000 ranked TorchLight as one of the 5, 000 fastest-growing private companies in America. In 2017 and 2018, TorchLight was recognized as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.