TorchLight seeks a contract Communications Associate for a large, dynamic association headquartered in Washington, DC. The Communications Associate will assist with various activities to support the Media Relations team. Candidates should have at least two years of experience working in a corporate or agency setting managing a diverse array of media relations and communications projects.
- Write, edit and coordinate content for communications/media relations including press releases, briefing memos, letters, blog posts, etc.
- Oversee and manage Media Relations mailbox, sharing queries with media relations team members
- Support the Media Relations social media accounts
- Track and analyze earned media and develop quarterly and annual reports to highlight activity
- Collaborate with the Media Relations team on various projects including partnerships, podcasts, etc.
- At least 2 years of communications and/or media relations experience in a corporate or agency setting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience with CISION platform, social media platforms and digital/earned media analytic tools
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher
TorchLight Hire is the Washington, D.C. region’ s premier search and staffing firm placing marketing, communications, digital and creative professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries in the DC metro area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and communications, with team members who have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2017, TorchLight was recognized as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal. Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.