1300 I Street NW, Suite 1000 Washington, DC 20005
TorchLight seeks a Manager of Communications for a financial services organization located in Washington, DC. This role requires a polished and well-rounded PR & communications professional to plan, develop, and manage this company’ s external communications. Role will supervise a small staff, so previous management experience is required.
- Develop and manage corporate messaging and materials on financial services subject matter and other content specific to the organization
- Oversee design and production of corporate publications, program-specific communications pieces, and other education and outreach material
- Provide oversight and editing of all corporate and business-unit content, including multimedia communications materials, as drafted by communications team or subject matter experts
- Act as key member of media relations team, facilitating interviews and responding to inquiries
- Manage strategic aspects of organization’ s website to ensure that it meets industry best practices from a business, user-experience, and technical standpoint
- Manage internal approval and website publishing process through a content management system
- Manage activities of the communications team and external design consultants to ensure they produce high-quality communications materials
- Bachelor’ s degree in communications, marketing or related field of study and a minimum of five (5) plus years of experience managing media relations & communications strategy/planning/execution; 2+ years managing a team
- Experience working in finance, financial services, legal or professional services organizations highly desired
- Superior editing and management skills, along with experience managing website content and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience and success in a fast-paced collaborative environment, with the ability to adapt to multiple and rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
TorchLight is the only search and staffing firm dedicated solely to placements in the DC metro area in marketing, digital and creative for contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and creative, because all our account managers and recruiters have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’ s Inc 5000 ranked TorchLight as one of the 5, 000 fastest-growing private companies in America. In 2017 and 2018, TorchLight was recognized as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.