Columbia, Maryland | Permanent
TorchLight seeks a Content Specialist with a non-profit based in Columbia, Maryland. Qualified candidates have experience producing and editing content across digital and traditional channels and monitoring metrics. This role is a full time, 40-hour week engagement, but there is flexibility in terms of on-site requirements.
- Develop, manage and curate content across various mediums including websites, social media, e-newsletters, brochures, presentations, white papers, fact sheets, etc.
- Maintain accuracy and brand standards across all channels
- Manage editorial calendar, tracking and monitoring content deliverables
- Work with creative team and designers to layout and update content as needed
- Create infographics and PowerPoint presentations
- Copyedit and proof content
- At least 3 years of content development experience
- Exceptional writing/editing skills, especially digital content, with experience optimizing content for web/social media consumption
- Experience using Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, and a CMS platform
- A creative thinker and self-starter with strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with and across all levels of an organization to accomplish goals
- Understanding of AP Style
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher
TorchLight, founded in 2012 is the Washington, D.C. region’ s premier search and staffing firm serving the marketing and communications sector.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside-out. More importantly, we know the marketing and communications industry, with team members who have deep subject matter expertise as marketing professionals. TorchLight places marketing and communications professionals in contract/temporary and permanent roles SOLELY in the DC metro area.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’ s Inc. 5000 survey ranked TorchLight No. 621 and 2386 of the 5, 000 fastest-growing private companies in America respectively and was recognized in 2017 as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal. Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.