Corporate Communications Manager
7902 Westpark Drive McLean, Virginia 22102 | Permanent
TorchLight seeks a Corporate Communications Manager for a client in Northern Virginia. This role is responsible for managing the strategy and execution of all earned and owned media, communications and content marketing efforts across the organization.
- Create and manage a comprehensive communications strategy that includes brand communications, internal communications, and crisis communications across traditional and digital channels
- Manage proactive and reactive media opportunities to build positive media relationships
- Develop and implement a content marketing strategy across blog, social media, and other owned channels; drive email marketing strategy
- Draft and edit content for traditional and digital purposes, including internal announcements, blog articles, talking points, messaging, presentations, letters, press releases, and web copy
- Monitor and report results to optimize communications strategy
- Manage key vendors according to budget set and planning priorities
- At least 5 years of corporate communications, journalism, and/or marketing experience; a mix of agency and in-house experience ideal
- Strong understanding of public relations and communications (internal & external), as well as general content marketing expertise
- Ability to develop comprehensive, multi-channel strategic marketing and communications plans that support organizational goals
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to work with colleagues at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and across various levels of the organization
- Willingness and ability to be available off-hours (evenings, weekends) to respond, react, and/or share breaking news, etc. as needed
- Bachelor’ s degree, and experience in healthcare or hospitality industry preferred
TorchLight Hire is the Washington, D.C. region’ s premier search and staffing firm placing marketing, communications, digital and creative professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries in the DC metro area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and communications, with team members who have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’ s Inc 5000 ranked TorchLight No. 621 and 2386 respectively as one of the 5, 000 fastest-growing private companies in America. In 2017, TorchLight was recognized in 2017 as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal. Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.