Data Analyst (Contract)
8200 Jones Branch Drive McLean, VA 22102
TorchLight seeks a Data Analyst for a company located in the Washington, D.C. area. The Data Analyst will develop, program, and analyze surveys related to consumer research initiatives. He or she will collaboratively work with three senior team members to support their data needs. Only applicants who live in the vicinity of Washington, D.C. will be considered. U.S. citizens and green card holders only.
- Program surveys using survey tool including testing and approval of elements required for data analysis
- Ensure surveys adhere to best practices including formatting and question flow; proofread and correct grammar/spelling when needed
- Utilize SPSS and cross tabulation to prepare and analyze large sets of data, including data hygiene and formatting
- Assess data for accuracy, consistency, and logic, reviewing data in multiple ways
- Report out on granular results, important trends, and key findings using PowerPoint and data visualization tools
- Anticipate data needs and make recommendations
- Serve as data analysis and survey expert for team
- 4 or more years of experience in data analysis
- Demonstrated success working with and analyzing large sets of data including merging of multiple datasets
- Strong statistical analysis and quantitative background, including deep knowledge of SPSS coding with specific experience in syntax building
- High attention to detail; ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Adept at MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience in business, computer science, or data science
TorchLight Hire is the Washington, D.C. region’s premier search and staffing firm placing marketing, communications, digital and creative professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries. At TorchLight, we know the D.C. metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and communications, with a team of former senior marketing professionals from a variety of disciplines. TorchLight has been ranked in the top 15% of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine and was voted one of the D.C. area' s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018 by the Washington Business Journal.