Director, Public Relations
Herndon, VA | Permanent
TorchLight seeks a Director of Public Relations for an education client in Herndon, VA. This role is responsible for developing and executing strategic, creative public relations programs that enhance the organization’ s reputation and drives positive earned media coverage with consumer audiences.
- Develop and lead strategic consumer-facing public relations strategies, plans and programs
- Maintain current public relations initiatives and spearhead creative approach to media outreach in new/existing markets
- Generate ongoing and opportunistic outreach with targeted audiences in key markets
- Establish internal programs to identify outreach success
- Oversee development and implementation of media support materials
- Serve as media relations contact in regional markets and identify and prepare approved spokespeople for media interviews
- Integrate content into external marketing tools and vehicles
- Develop key metrics and ensure a strong PR/Marketing ROI
- Manage all aspects of PR budget
- Direct coordination of all activities with social media team
- Oversee PR team
- At least 15 years of strategic public relations/public affairs experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading strategic PR programs in B2C and B2B environments, including proactive media relations, crisis communications, social/digital engagement and business/brand strategy
- Solid understanding of digital communications, specifically social media best practices
- Exceptional written and oral communication, project management and budgetary skills
- Ability to work effectively across teams and alongside direct reports, peers and senior leadership
- Agency experience a plus
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher
- Ability to travel up to 20%
TorchLight Hire is the Washington, D.C. region’ s premier search and staffing firm placing marketing, communications, digital and creative professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries in the DC metro area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and communications, with team members who have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’ s Inc 5000 ranked TorchLight No. 621 and 2386 respectively as one of the 5, 000 fastest-growing private companies in America. In 2017, TorchLight was recognized in 2017 as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.