Director of Digital Marketing & Communications
2300 N St. NW #700 Washington, DC 20037
TorchLight seeks a Director of Digital Marketing and Communications for a national cause-based organization in the D.C. area. The Director is responsible for the development and execution of cohesive and convincing brand communications across multiple platforms. He or she will lead the in-house marketing and communications agency that supports programs and departments across the organization.
- In partnership with EVP, develop and implement strategic marketing and communication plans across channels.
- Manage daily operations of marketing and communications department including branding, print and digital platforms, media relations and PR, design, analytics, conferences/AV support, and executive-level communications.
- Develop and manage website and social media channels including blog and video content.
- Manage media relations and PR efforts including press releases, talking points, press kit.
- Deliver top-notch client service to internal departments and programs.
- Drive marketing and communications for organization’ s high-profile external events.
- Provide regular reports and analysis on campaign/program performance to maximize ROI.
- Support leadership team with messaging and communication/media training.
- Manage budget in collaboration with EVP.
- At least 10 years of experience in nonprofit or mission-driven company and proven experience managing large & diverse teams.
- Expert planning, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Strong client service focus.
- Top notch verbal and written communication abilities.
- Brand management and event marketing experience.
- Deep knowledge of campaign metrics and analytics; familiarity with market research.
- Excellent management skills with high emotional intelligence.
- Experience in executive and non-executive communication training/coaching.
- Agency background highly desirable.