Director of Marketing & Communications
United Methodist Building, 100 Maryland Avenue, NE, Suite 5 Washington, District Of Columbia 20002 | Permanent
TorchLight seeks a Director of Marketing and Communications for a non-profit headquartered on Capitol Hill. The Director is responsible for all marketing and communications including development of brand strategy and event marketing and managing an internal team and external vendors/freelancers.
- Plan, develop and lead an integrated marketing and communications plan to define and strengthen brand and expand engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and execute PR strategies to cultivate strong media relationships and reach key influencers
- Lead content development across channels including newsletters, annual reports, brochures, letters, blog posts, social media and web communications
- Design, create, and market events including logistics, vendor selection and contract negotiations, registration, on-site execution and billing
- Mentor and develop a small staff and oversee internship program
- Bachelor’ s degree and a minimum of 10+ years relevant experience in marketing. Brand management experience highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to lead multi-faceted projects with multiple external and internal partners
- Excellent writing skills with writing samples across both traditional and digital communications channels
- Proven ability to develop and execute marketing and communications programs with defined budgets, timelines and metrics
- Strong management and mentorship experience
- Comfortable in a faith-based environment
TorchLight is the only search and staffing firm dedicated solely to placements in the DC metro area in marketing, digital and creative for contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and creative, because all our account managers and recruiters have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’ s Inc 5000 ranked TorchLight as one of the 5, 000 fastest-growing private companies in America. In 2017 and 2018, TorchLight was recognized as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.