Director of Marketing
409 12th St SW Washington, DC 20024
TorchLight seeks a Director of Marketing for a professional membership association in Washington, DC. This position is ideal for a dynamic integrated marketer who can set and exceed campaign goals to generate greater awareness, build membership engagement, and drive product revenue. This leader will manage the organization’ s product marketing team and hold responsibility for promotions across publications, products, programs, and events.
- Advise and work closely with the chief marketing and communications officer and other marketing staff to lead the strategic development and tactical implementation of all marketing campaigns, deliver on established KPIs, and support revenue streams across the organization for publications, educational programs, products, and events
- Train, coach, and mentor a team of product marketers and designers
- Manage the development, writing, and design of marketing materials such as brochures, direct mail pieces, print ads, flyers, email, online ads, search engine ads, and other marketing materials
- Oversee analysis and metrics for all major campaigns across a variety of platforms and suggests appropriate direction changes
- Work with leadership and stakeholders across the organization to deliver effective, integrated marketing solutions connected to brand positioning, ensuring that the brand is cohesive across the organization
- Develop and oversee agency relationships, vendors, and budgets
- Bachelor' s degree in marketing, communications, or related area and 10+ years of experience in marketing, brand strategy, and management. Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a management or supervisory role.
- Must have traditional marketing experience (print, direct mail), graphic/design management experience, digital experience (including SEO, SEM, email marketing), and communications abilities including interpersonal communications, writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Must have experience managing budgets and the work of outside agencies on marketing, brand, graphics, and printing projects
- Experience in health/medical marketing a plus, preferably with a non-profit membership association, publishing house, or non-profit with a publishing arm
- Experience marketing publications and educational products is required and experience with institutional sales preferred