Graphic Design Manager
8200 Jones Branch Drive McLean, VA 22102 | Permanent
TorchLight seeks a Graphic Design Manager for a full-time role with a corporate organization in Northern Virginia. This position will manage an in-house design team that handles assignments from concept to execution within digital and print mediums. This is a new team so candidates must possess extremely strong design sensibility coupled with excellent organization and leadership qualities.
- Manage the overall creative direction for an important line of business within the organization
- Establish the creative function’ s model, structure, processes and working tools
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications team to support content marketing (blog, social media assets, and more) and other needs
- Bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team
- Create and maintain a creative, flexible and collaborative atmosphere and culture
- Support creative staff with development opportunities and a hands-on understanding of work processes from start to finish
- Bachelor’ s degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of professional graphic design/creative direction experience; agency experience highly preferred
- Must have expert knowledge of common design software such as Adobe Suite and an understanding of material costs and time limits
- Experience working with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, website designers and marketing specialists
- Strong and diverse portfolio of work showcasing a variety of experience, concepts and visual styles
TorchLight is the only search and staffing firm dedicated solely to placements in the DC metro area in marketing, digital and creative for contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and creative, because all our account managers and recruiters have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’ s Inc 5000 ranked TorchLight as one of the 5, 000 fastest-growing private companies in America. In 2017 and 2018, TorchLight was recognized as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.