Internal Communications Writer
3501 University Blvd. East Adelphi, MD
TorchLight seeks an Internal Communications Writer for a large, highly dispersed organization in Prince George’ s County, MD. Ideal candidates will use their strong journalism background to help strengthen the new internal communications function within the organization.
- Attend and cover community events throughout the immediate area
- Interview staff, write articles and feature stories about the findings
- Promote employee engagement across the organization.
- At least 5+ years of experience in writing and communications
- Background in news and/or reporting preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree in communications, journalism, Master’ s degree is preferred
- Proven writing, interviewing, and editing skills
- Experience working with multimedia production is a plus
- Knowledge of CMS platforms and Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with community management and user experience best practices
TorchLight is the only search and staffing firm dedicated solely to placements in the DC metro area in marketing, digital and creative for contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and creative, because all of our account managers and recruiters have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’ s Inc 5000 ranked TorchLight as one of the 5, 000 fastest-growing private companies in America. In 2017 and 2018, TorchLight was recognized as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.