Manager of Communications
325 7th St. NW Suite 820 Washington, District Of Columbia 20004 | Permanent
TorchLight seeks a Manager of Communications for a Washington, DC-based non-profit. This role will be responsible for setting and executing communications strategy to bolster exposure of this organization and its mission amongst Republican members on Capitol Hill. Prior experience in communications on the hill and/or public affairs/public relations agency experience both highly desirable.
- Create and execute the communications plan in partnership with organization’ s outside public relations firm
- Write opinion pieces, statements and talking points to have influence with conservative policymakers, philanthropists and thought leaders
- Oversee social media engagement and content creation
- Manage the organization’ s website
- Manage other communications projects as needed
- Bachelor’ s Degree and at least 3+ years’ experience in a communications position, preferably in an agency, politics, or policy organization; energy or tax policy knowledge highly desired
- Superior project management, writing, and editing skills
- Strong professional presence with ability to interact with high level executives both inside and outside of the organization
- Creative and proactive individual with strong motivation to drive forward the goals of the organization
TorchLight is the only search and staffing firm dedicated solely to placements in the DC metro area in marketing, digital and creative for contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and creative, because all our account managers and recruiters have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’ s Inc 5000 ranked TorchLight as one of the 5, 000 fastest-growing private companies in America. In 2017 and 2018, TorchLight was recognized as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.