PR Communications Specialist
2451 Crystal Drive Arlington, Virginia 22202 | Permanent
TorchLight seeks a PR Communications Specialist to manage communications plans and media relations for a non-profit in Arlington, VA. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience with managing proactive and reactive media requests and crafting communications strategy and editorial calendars.
- Develop relationships with key media contacts to drive greater coverage and awareness of the organization’ s mission and programs
- Proactively pitch stories to key media concerning the organization, its leadership and programmatic experts and various programs in the regions
- Guide and manage the organization’ s communications strategy, including development of an ongoing editorial calendar to ensure consistency and efficiency of messaging
- Work with programs on a regular basis to proactively identify client testimonies for success stories that can be used for events, media, newsletters and other promotional materials
- Bachelor’ s degree in Communications, PR or Journalism and five+ years of relevant marketing and public relations experience; agency experience preferred
- Dynamic oral and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and complete projects on time
TorchLight is the only search and staffing firm dedicated solely to placements in the DC metro area in marketing, digital and creative for contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and creative, because all our account managers and recruiters have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’ s Inc 5000 ranked TorchLight as one of the 5, 000 fastest-growing private companies in America. In 2017 and 2018, TorchLight was recognized as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.