TorchLight Hire seeks a PR Manager for a contract-to-hire position with an organization headquartered in Herndon, VA. Working with the Director, the PR Manager will lead the development and execution of a multi-channel, consumer-facing public relations strategy targeted to multiple audiences.
- Create strategic internal and external communications plans and messaging and execute plan traditional, digital, social and other platforms to achieve organizational objectives.
- Manage an external agency to drive promotion of key PR and communications programs.
- Oversee media relations including creation of media kit, lists and pitches; serve as key contact.
- Develop creative content and manage content partnerships; design editorial materials and manage production of print and digital content.
- Drive content distribution via external partners/channels and internal social media teams.
- Partner with marketing to promote key PR initiatives and support select marketing initiatives.
- Develop and report on KPIs and ROI as well as monitor campaign performance and media measurement.
- Prepare executives & spokespeople.
- At least 6 years of experience in PR, corporate communications or public affairs; agency experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success developing and executing B2C and B2B communications plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication; crisis communication experience required.
- Working knowledge of PR-based social media strategies and tactics.
- Strong attention to detail, project management and problem-solving skills
- Budget management experience.
- Experience working effectively with senior executives.
- Bachelor’ s degree in PR/communications, journalism or marketing.
About TorchLight Hire:
TorchLight Hire is the Washington, D.C. region’ s premier search and staffing firm placing marketing, communications, digital and creative professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries. At TorchLight, we know the D.C. metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and communications, with a team of former senior marketing professionals from a variety of disciplines. TorchLight has been ranked in the top 15% of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine and was voted one of the D.C. area' s Best Places to Work in 2017 by the Washington Business Journal. Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.