Public Relations Manager
Herndon, VA | Permanent
TorchLight seeks a Public Relations Sr. Manager for an organization based in Herndon, VA. This role is responsible for developing and managing strategic communications programs across traditional, digital and social media channels to increase brand awareness and garner positive media coverage.
- Build and execute internal and external communications programs and reputation-building strategies, messaging and outreach tactics
- Develop story angles, pitch strategies, messaging, interview briefs, and thought leadership pieces
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with broadcast, print, and online media outlets, and bloggers/social influencers
- Assist with crisis and issue-based communications and serve as media relations contact as needed
- Oversee the development and implementation of media support materials (e.g., press kits, backgrounders, press releases, fact sheets, bios) as needed
- Develop campaign-specific metrics and prepare PR and media measurement and monitoring reports
- Serve as primary PR and media contact at various special events
- Communicate with corporate PR team to ensure activities are streamlined across organization
- Identify, foster and execute new strategic partnerships, thought leadership programs and events with key stakeholders and audiences
- Manage all aspects of campaign and PR budgets
- At least 8 years of experience in a public relations, corporate communications or public affairs environment; corporate communications, and/or agency experience a plus
- Experience developing and leading strategic consumer PR programs
- Solid experience leveraging social media as a PR vehicle and engaging with online influencers
- Experience advising and supporting C- level executives
- Demonstrated understanding of business strategy/planning/change management
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional project management and budgetary skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time for press and/or community events
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher
TorchLight Hire is the Washington, D.C. region’ s premier search and staffing firm placing marketing, communications, digital and creative professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries in the DC metro area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and communications, with team members who have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2016 and 2017, Inc. Magazine’ s Inc 5000 ranked TorchLight No. 621 and 2386 respectively as one of the 5, 000 fastest-growing private companies in America. In 2017, TorchLight was recognized in 2017 as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.