Social Media Director
433 E Monroe Ave Alexandria, VA 22301
TorchLight seeks a Social Media Director for a fast-growing digital communications agency in Alexandria. This role will guide and supervise a team of social media strategists and will lead the planning and execution of social media campaigns for key clients and their causes.
- Translate clients’ goals into social media strategies and develop social media plans and budgets to support project goals
- Recommend owned, earned, and paid media strategies across platforms and develop implementation plans
- Work with creative team to expand creative capabilities on social media
- Create social media content and engagement strategies
- Define technology or tools needed to support campaign implementation, community moderation, content posting and response, and social listening.
- Lead staff, including content producers, paid media strategists, and analytics leads
- Analyze data and report on social media campaign performance
- Perform competitive analyses, audience research, social listening, and other market research
- Present plans, recommendations, and performance updates to client
- Respond to requests for information or strategic counsel
- At least 7 years of experience managing national, integrated social media campaigns
- Strong technological knowledge of social media and advertising on social media platforms
- Fluency in newer social media tools and technologies, including AI and AR
- Proficiency in listening and engagement tools such (i.e. Crimson Hexagon)
- Experience defining and building workflows to support social media collaboration and channel management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher
TorchLight Hire is the Washington, D.C. region’ s premier search and staffing firm placing marketing, communications, digital and creative professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries in the DC metro area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and communications, with team members who have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2017, TorchLight was recognized as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal. Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.