Social Media Specialist
2303 Dulles Station Blvd, 6th Floor Herndon, VA 20171
TorchLight seeks a Social Media Specialist for an organization located in Herndon, Virginia. The Social Media Specialist will manage the organization’ s social media channels and will be responsible for creating and executing the social content strategy across earned and owned channels to meet key objectives.
- Implement social media strategy, develop content strategy for individual social media channels and lead content/asset development for those channels
- Generate, edit and/or publish content (text, images, video, etc.) across channels, working with agency and other partners
- Manage content strategy and editorial calendar for brand’ s blog
- Listen, manage and develop appropriate responses to social conversations as needed
- Manage day to day operations of ambassador program to support WOM efforts
- Compile data and insights to drive increased engagement, optimization and performance of social media content
- Collaborate with cross functional team to ensure alignment and support for broader marketing, partnership and organization-wide initiatives
- 3+ years of experience in a B2C social media, marketing or communications role implementing social media content strategies. Consumer brand and/or agency experience a plus
- Proven ability to write and develop content for various social media channels/platforms
- Expertise implementing social media content strategies and managing owned channels on a day-to-day basis
- Proven understanding of digital marketing and integrated marketing strategies and campaigns
- Experience with social media monitoring tools, Google Analytics and AdWords
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and application to social media content and execution
- Excellent communications skills as well as project management skills
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher
TorchLight Hire is the Washington, D.C. region’ s premier search and staffing firm placing marketing, communications, digital and creative professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent roles across a variety of industries in the DC metro area.
At TorchLight, we know the recruitment and hiring process— and the DC metro area job market inside and out. More importantly, we know marketing and communications, with team members who have deep subject matter expertise prior to their tenure at TorchLight.
In 2017, TorchLight was recognized as one of the DC area' s Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal. Learn more at http://jobs.torchlighthire.com/.